INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
CDC follows the Montgomery County Public School policy for school openings and closings during inclement weather.
- If MCPS is closed, and Administrative offices are closed, CDC is closed.
- If MCPS is closed, but Administrative Offices are open on time, CDC will be open 9:30 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- If MCPS is closed, but Administrative Offices open two hours late, CDC will be open 10:30 a.m.-6:15p.m.
- If Montgomery County opens two hours late, CDC will open two hours late (i.e. at 9:00 a.m. instead of 7:00 a.m.). The afternoon program will take place as usual.
- If MCPS has an emergency early closing, CDC will not have an afternoon program.
- If MCPS does not have an early dismissal, CDC is open in the afternoon. We do appreciate parents picking up children as early as possible in inclement weather.
Reminders for Emergency Early Closing
An emergency early closing has children, parents, and Wayside teachers unsure of what to do with after school CDC children. The following procedures should be put into place immediately for all afternoon emergency closings. CDC WILL BE CLOSED.
Talk to your children about what they should do.
Go to the pick-up circle? Take the bus home (if they ride one in the morning)? Take the bus with a friend to the friend’s house? Walk home with a friend to your house or the friend’s house.
Send a note to the teacher now, don’t wait for an emergency.
Explain what your child has been told to do in case of an emergency closing. Include phone numbers where you can be reached. Teachers should file these notes for future reference.
Give updated work and cell phone numbers to Wayside and CDC!!!
This is so important. We have found outdated numbers on our emergency cards when we have tried to reach parents for various reasons.
Arrange with someone to get your child if you are unable to get home in time.
Listen to the radio or check emails for announcements of emergency school closings.